Washington County, Nebraska


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If you don't see an answer to your question here, please contact us at (402) 426-6888.

  • When are taxes due and delinquent?
    • Taxes for both Real Estate and Personal Property are due Dec. 31st.
    • First half is delinquent the following May 1st
    • Second half is delinquent the following September 1st
    • 14% statutory rate is charged on delinquencies
  • When are tax notices mailed?
    They are mailed in the first part of December.
  • What should I do if I didn't receive a tax notice?
    Call the Treasurer's office at (402) 426-6888.
  • How much are my taxes?
    Call the Treasurer's office at (402) 426-6888.
  • Have my taxes been paid?
    Call the Treasurer's office at (402) 426-6888.
  • I need to make an address change.
    Call the Treasurer's office at (402) 426-6888.
  • Do you accept credit cards?
    The Treasurer's Office accepts MasterCard, American Express, and Discover for all payments being made to the office.  We also accept Visa for tax payments ONLY, not motor vehicle fees.
  • What do I do if I have a message on my tax statement that I don't understand?
    Call the Treasurer's office at (402) 426-6888.
  • When can I renew my driver's license?
    You may renew your expiring Nebraska license within 90 days (not three months) prior to the expiration date.  If you move to a new address, you should update your Nebraska license within 60 days.
  • What if I lost my driver's license?
    If you have lost your Nebraska drivers license (and are out of state for an extended period), you can obtain a duplicate license via the mail for $13.50.  Please call the Treasurer's office at (402) 426-6888 for details.
  • What if I want to renew my Motor vehicle registration on line?
    You can now renew on line at www.clickdmv.ne.gov and follow the directions.  You must have your last registration or renewal postcard in front of you to have the correct information that will be asked of you.