- Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age. You cannot marry in Nebraska if you
are under 17.
- Parental consent required for applicants who are 17 or 18 years of age. The Parental Consent form is available at the
County Clerk's office.
- One form of identification is required (i.e., drivers license or passport).
- Birthplace of the applicants.
- Full names and birthplaces of both parents.
- Social Security Numbers for the applicants. Applicants without a Social Security
Number must complete a form provided by the Clerk asserting that they do not have a Social
- Applicants having a previous marriage must provide the date that marriage ended (i.e., date
of divorce decree or date of death).
- No blood test is required.
- Licenses are good for one year from date of issuance. Therefore, applicants must be
married within that year or they will need to apply again.
- A couple may apply for their license in a Nebraska county and use it to be married in any
other Nebraska county.
- State of Nebraska Marriage Application
- Marriage license: $25.00
- Certified copy: $9.00
To receive a certified copy of a Washington County marriage license, please complete the Application for Marriage Certificate
form and send along with a check or money order for the fee to the following address:
Washington County Clerk
P.O. Box 466
Blair, NE 68008
2022 © WASHINGTON COUNTY, NEBRASKA, USA